For demanding terrain, natural or artificial obstacles and when infallible performance is needed the Zeal is the weapon of choice. It provides an unrivalled combination of low weight, ground control, support and traction. The upper material is durable yet smooth, and together with the lacing system it embraces the foot firmly. The padding in collar and tongue is made of foam with closed cells which mean minimal water absorption in wet conditions. The toe box has a protective mudguard. Thanks to the midsole construction Zeal provides torsional stability but is still flexible with a soft and smooth running feeling. This combination is possible thanks to the moulded midsole cradle. This U-shaped midsole cradle not only adds superb fit and running properties, it also turns into a reinforcement protecting the foot in harsh terrain. The height of the soft and comfortable heel cup is slightly reduced at centre back in order to relieve the Achilles tendon from pressure. The last has a medium width with a straight big toe line. The torsion and cushioning is in perfect balance, and in combination with the low sole profile the ground control is just outstanding. The outsole is made of traction benchmark RB9X® rubber, with outstanding performance in wet conditions. The aggressive lugs get you going even in really muddy conditions.
For what: For racing and training on technical trails or off-trail.
Why we made it: Minimalistic trail/off trail shoe that offers the perfect mix between ground control, traction and protection.
- RB9X® outsole with aggressive tread pattern
- Perfect combo of off-trail performance and comfort
- Medium last and roomy toe box
- Upper from bluesign® 100% recycled PET polyester.
- Lining from bluesign® 100% recycled and solution dyed polyester.
- Removable insole made of 20% BLOOM® Foam and lightweight EVA, lined with bluesign® 100% recycled and solution dyed polyester.
- Heel/Toe counters: Milspeed, 11-12% recycled fish nets, 45-48% recycled polyethylene.
- Midsole compound made with 20% BLOOM® Foam EVA.
- 15% recycled rubber in the outsole.
Last:Medium with straight big toe line
Usage:Running, Swimrun, Trail running
Insole:Removable. 20% BLOOM® Foam and lightweight EVA, with bluesign® 100% recycled and solution dyed PET polyester lining
Lining:Bluesign® 100% recycled and solution dyed PET polyester
Midsole:Lightweight EVA with 20% BLOOM® Foam. HGMS2 construction.
Terrain:Mud, Trail, Wet rocks
Outersole:RB9X® with 15% recycled rubber.
Upper Part:Bluesign® 100% recycled PET polyester upper textile with sublimation print. ProtecTPU mudguard.